Saturday, May 31, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Black-Eyed BeansCurry is my favourite one. it taste's well with chapathi's and excellent with Rice.
1. Black-eyed Beans- 1 Cup(Soaked for overnight)
3. Red Chilli's-4
4. Curry Leaves-8
5. Mustard-1 spoon
6. Fenugreek-1/4 spoon
7. Asafoetida powder-a pinch
8. Oil-8-10 spoons
Powder's to be added:
Only when you follow this particular order..it will taste Good. when you change the order of adding these powder's you can feel the taste difference.
1. Turmeric Powder- a pinch
2. Chilli Powder-2 spoons
3. Corriander Powder-3 spoons
4. Cumin Powder-1/4 spoon
5. Curry Leaves Powder- 2 spoons
If you wish You can add two garlic pieces. You can also add Tamarind water to enhance the taste of curry.
In a Kadai, Heat the oil, add mustard seeds, when it pops up, add asafoetida powder, add fenugreek and red chilli's. when it is fried add the curry leaves and add finely chopped tomatoes. saute it well. when thel all come around togeather, add salt and keep adding the powder's one by one. also keep mixing before adding the sequel powder. now add the pressure cooked(3 whistle's) black-eyed beans to the kadai and mix well. add tamarind water/water(2 cups). close the lid and let the kadai sit in slow flame for about 5-7 minutes.
add chopped corriander leaves before serving.
It Tastes so good with Curd Rice..
Iam Sending this Curry for Click-Event.
Monday, May 12, 2008
For the gatte:
Besan flour / Bengal gram flour - 1 cup
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Kasuri methi - 1/2 tsp
Ajwain / Carrom seeds - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp's
For the gravy:
Curd / Yogurt - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 2
Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 or 2 tsp
Corriander powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp + Oil - 1 tsp
Cumin - 1/2 tsp
Hing / Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Corriander leaves to garnish
1. First, to prepare gatte, in a large bowl, mix besan flour, salt to taste, ajwain seeds, kasuri methi, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
2. Now keep sprinkling water and knead to form into a firm and smooth dough. add 2 tsp of oil to the dough and knead again. shape the dough into a 1/2 inch diameter roll.
3. In a wide large bowl / wide pressure cooker pan, add 3 cup's of water and let it boil, once the water starts to boil, put the roll into the water and let the roll cook for about 15 minutes at high flame.
5.Once you have sliced the gatte's, it is optional to fry the gatte's in oil. if you are frying the gatte's they may break up in the oil a little. after frying, they become little crisper, this way you can ensure that the gatte's are fully cooked.
Eat this coconut milk sambhar with hot steamed rice, served in a banana leaf along with some vegetable fry and pappad. it is one of blissful south indian meal.
Coconut Milk SambharPrep Time: 15 mins
Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Recipe Type: Dal
Tuvar dal - 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder-a pinch
Ghee or Oil - 1 tsp
Dry red chilly - 4 (break into half)
Asafoetida powder-a pinch
Garlic - 5 cloves (crushed)
Corriander leaves - 2 tsp's (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 1 sprig
2. Grate half of a coconut and extract thick coconut milk from it. then dilute it with 1/4 cup of water.
else if you are using packed coconut milk, take 1/4 cup and dilute with 1/4 cup of water.
3. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil or ghee. when ghee turns hot, add mustard and let it pop. then add asafoetida powder, dry red chilly and crushed garlic.
4. Once the garlic gets half way cooked, add the mashed tuvar dal and stir well. you may add 1/4 cup of water and salt to taste and turmeric powder. let it boil.
5. Once the sambhar starts to boil, reduce the flame to low and add in the coconut milk. check for the consistency of sambhar and add required water. this coconut milk sambhar should be little thicker than rasam.
6. On slow flame let the sambhar simmer for a minute. then add curry leaves and chopped corriander leaves. remove the sambhar from flame.
7. Transfer the sambhar to a serving bowl. make appalam/pappad or some potato fry to go along with this sambhar. serve hot with rice.
* Coconut milk sambhar should not be very thick. it should be in a consistency little thicker than rasam.
* Never boil the sambhar after adding coconut milk, as it may get curdle.
My little one Surprised me with a Happy Mother's Day Card, signed by him..his scribbling really meant a lot..and the card was really an energy booster to me. I should become a better and his favorite mom from now on...
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Mexican Tomato Salsa and Mexican Pizza are my stepping stone's on to Mexican Cuisine. Mexican Omlette was the only thing i used to do previously. even i could say it made me to put up more weight.
Here Comes the,
Ingredients for Mexican Tomato Salsa:
1. Tomatoes- 2(de-seeded and cutted into small cube shape's)
2. Red Onion-1(Small Onion cutted into small small pieces)
3. Green Chilli-1(diced finely)
4. Corriander leaves(cutted into small pieces)
5. Salt- To taste
6. Lime Juice- 1 Table spoon
Mix all the above Ingredients along with a spoon of olive oil. So Simple Mexican Tomato Salsa is Ready.
I Got this Salsa Recipe From Here
I just applied olive oil on the ready-made pizza base, I applied a coating of cheese and spreaded the Simple Mexican Tomato Salsa and i grated the Mozarella cheese over it. I added a little red chilli flakes over the pizza and sprinkled some oregano over it. also little salt.
Just made this pizza on Dosa Tava within 5 minutes.
It was so tasty. this is the first time i added the raw tomatoes and onions as the topping to pizza.. usually i fry onions and tomatoes along with panneer as topping's. or i just fry all the available veggie's with me as topping.
it was so tasty to have it raw along with cheese.
A piece of Mexican Pizza with Tomato Salsa as a Topping... I just Fried the sliced Capsicum's in a spoon of olive oil before placing on top.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
"Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos"
Iam Very Happy on my Second Award, "Yummy Blog Award". Thank You Miss Bellevue. Her Blog is so Nice, do Give a Visit Over there.
As per the rules I am writing my favorite Sweets which I tried and Tasted.
Rules for the ‘Yummy Blog’ award Receiver:
· The person who receives the award should display the "Yummy Blog !" logo on their blog and also the meaning of the award which is "Yummy blog award is the award given to the blog with most yummy recipes/photos".
· The receiver should also quote their favorite yummy-licious :) dessert(s) that they have ever prepared/eaten. Don’t restrict yourself to any dessert, chocolate bars also welcome.
· Also the receiver should pass on the award to four other bloggers whose blog they find "yummy" and let them know about the rules.
It's been a few months since Kalai tagged me for a meme. I'd been postponing it, Today I'm finally forcing myself to do it. else i will get an array of meme's on my stack. Between I tried Kalai's Bell Pepper Chutney. It was so soo Good. Thank You Kalai For Sharing the Recipe and Passing this lovable Meme to me.
Here are the rules for the Meme..
Link to your tagger and post these rules.Share 5 facts about yourself.Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them)Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.
Five facts about me...? Ok Here They are...
1. I hate eating fruits. I have fought with my dad for not eating an apple that he forced me to eat. till now..it was a big fight according to me.
2. I do things in the last minute's. i even enjoy the thrill's of getting into running bus, last minute exam revision..etc.
3. I get tense for useless things and iam good in handling stressfull situation very easily.
4. I advise a lot to other people. i have even sufferd a lot because of advising to useless.
5. I wont be myself when anyone wake me up from my deep sleep. You can see the devil in me.
I’ve also been tagged by Namratha of finger licking food do the below MeMe. Thank You Namratha for Tagging me.. i enjoyed filling it up..
1) LAST MOVIE U SAW IN A THEATRE?
Guru..with my baby in me.
2) WHAT BOOK ARE U READING??
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME?
Carrom..but i have never won the game.
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE?
Ananda Vikatan(Tamil Magazine).
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS?
Cooking smell of my mom's which wake's me up from the bed.
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS?
My son's "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD?
When I fall Ill.
8) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN U WAKE?
okay 10 more minutes to sleep....
9) FAVOURITE FASTFOOD PLACE?
10) FUTURE CHILDS NAME?
Not yet decided..but the name should end with "ya" as mine.
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—’IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D
go to Ice cream Parlour to buy it..
12) DO U DRIVE FAST?
13) DO U SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL?
No..but with Stuffed Pillow.
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY?
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR?
Yet to buy one.
16) FAVOURITE DRINK?
Mango Juice of my ammamma's
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT-IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD…
18) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI?
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE?
iam happy with my black hair colour.
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN?
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Other Than Cricket..i cant understand any other game
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
She is a amazing baker. I just visit her blog to drool. she is also responsible for my recent Cake Craze.
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED?
Toys of my Son's..which he pushed under the bed, where i could not go.
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN??
Yes..if it is with same parents.
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL?
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP?
Sunny Side Up
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX?
On the bed
28) FAVOURITE PIE?
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR?
Richie Rich at POndicherry
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE U HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?mmmm...SriValli..
So Lengthy Post nna..
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I Really enjoyed meeting Blogging Friends. Do have a Check at Srivalli's blog to know what all we enjoyed sharing each other and exchanging comments the instant it was tasted. Like in TV Shows.
Nirmala's Dipped Nut Cookie's..that too eggless were really Yummy one's
Kamini's Aloo Tikki was so delicious..
Rachel's came out with a pizza like bread, which was very pacca in its taste.
Sra's Paneer Gravy was so Rich and excellent.
Jayashree's Jack Fruit payasam was so different and very tasty for me. iam sure it was a hit among us.
Lakshmi's Curd Rice was so so soo Good..
Srivalli's Channa pulao and Coconut Burfi were very perfect and Tasty.
Kamalika's Chakara pongal was a Real Sweet Treat.
Thank You Lakshmi for this Potluck Funda idea.