Ever Since i saw DK's Butter Naan, I wanted to try them. and now the record strikes with four trials. here the photograph is of the second trial. for the recipe of Butter Naan, i going to refer you, DK's Recipe, which is the best. but the method has little variation's.
Here in India, you need 10-15 minutes, for yeast fermentation. and the time for the raise of dough is from 90 minutes to 120 minutes. The better and fast way is to place the dough in a hot box and put it in a dark place.
Well, coming to the method, few added points are,
1. After you have rolled the dough(preferably of medium thickness. it should not be very thick), pull one end of the rolled cirlce dough for the oval shape. and stretch the other end with both of your hands. ( i would soon post an image at this point).
2. Apply water on one side and put it in the Hot Tava, with water applied side resting on the tava. Keep it on High Flame and cover it with a lid. after one minute, check for the bubble raising on your Naan, and check whether your bottom part is cooked. Now place the top part on the direct flame, keep showing all points of the naan on the flame, to ensure proper cooking. this should take less than a minute and it cooks so fast, so make sure you don't burn them.
( I got this point from Mallika Badrinath's Naan Recipe.)
Okra-Urad Dal Subzi:
When my hubby was in IIT, he had tasted this, and was asking me all these year's to try this. I tried googling, but i couldn't land on a perfect recipe. then i tried my hand over this, which really surprised me with amazing taste.
1. Okra/Ladies Finger- 15
2. White Whole Urad Dal-1/4 cup( soaked for an hour)
5. Ginger-1/2 inch(finely chopped)
6. Green Chili-2(slitted vertically)
7. Chilly Powder-1 tsp
8. Turmeric Powder-a pinch
9. Oil -1 tbsp
10.Potato-1(peel the skin and cut it into cubes)
1. Pressure Cook the soaked Urad Dal upto 4-5 whistles. mash them and keep it aside.
2. In a Heated Pan, add oil and heat it, add mustard if you wish and add the ginger and green chili's. saute them and add the sliced onions and fry them. Now add the tomatoes and saute them, till they get cooked.
3. Now add the Okra and fry them, add the potato cubes, salt and Turmeric powder and chilly powder, fry them for a minute.
4. Add the mashed urad dal and add a cup of water, mix well. close it with a lid and let them get cooked in a slow flame for about 10-15 minutes. this makes the subzi thicker and the okra and the potato gets cooked. before you switch off the flame, add the chopped coriander leaves-2tsp and close it with the lid.
You can also make this subzi, little watery and add more okra's, which will be very yummy.
also you can this with black whole Urad Dal.