1. Par Boiled Rice / Puzhungal arisi - 3 cups ( soaked in water for 2 hrs.)
2. Cumin - 1 tsp
3. Ginger - 1 inch size
4. Dry Red Chilli - 4
Tomato - 3 ( chopped)
Carrot - 2 (peel the skin and chop)
Beetroot slice - 2(just 2 small pieces)
* Soak the Par Boiled Rice in water for about 2 - 3 hrs.
* Grind the Rice along with Cumin, Ginger and Dry Red Chilli with some water to a coarse consistency. need not grind the batter finely.
* Grind the Chopped Carrot and Beetroot slice with few tsp's of water into a puree form.
Now add chopped tomatoes and grind along the Carrot + Beetroot.
* Mix the Tomato, Carrot, Beetroot puree to the grounded rice batter. add salt to taste.
* Heat Tava, pour 3 heaped spoons of batter on the tava and make dosa like patterns. add oil and cook the dosa in medium flame.
each dosa takes nearly 2 minutes to get cooked.
see to that the tava is not so hot, while pouring the batter on to it.
Serve with Coconut Chutney or Tomato thokku.
Iam sure kid's will love this red colour dosa. you can also grate some cheese on dosa and wrap as a roll and serve to kid's.
The sourness of tomato and the spicy red chilli makes it a tasty dosa. carrot and beetroot makes it healthy finally.