I know, there are many die-hard fans for Saravana Bhavan Kaima Idli's. But iam not a great fan of it because, iam a die-hard fan of Tandoori idli, which is almost similar to kaima idli, except the spicy cashew gravy topped upon it. Soon i will post the recipe of my favo Tandoori Idli.
These Kaima Idli's are real sinful idli's as they are deep fried even after cooked. Sin once a while is excused, i hope.
Left Over Idli's: 4 [Cut into Square shape]
Onion: 1 [Finely Chopped]
Tomato: 1 [Finely Chopped]
Garlic: 4 [Finely Chopped]
Green Chili: 1 [Finely Chopped]
Green Capsicum: 1/2 [Finely Chopped]
Curry Leaves: 10
CorrianderLeaves: 2tsp [Finely Chopped]
Oil: 1 Cup [To Deep Fry the Idli's]
Oil: 2 tsp [To Saute the vegetables]
Chilly Powder: 1/4tsp [Adjust according to your Spice]
Lemon: 1/2 [juice]
1. Cut the Idli's in square shape, as shown in picture and Deep Fry Them. If you have refrigerated the left over idli's, you have to get back those idli's to the room temperature before frying.
2. In a Pan, Heat oil, add mustard and let it pop. Now add Finely Chopped Garlic pod's and Curry Leaves and Saute.
3. Add the Onion's and saute it. Add Tomatoes and saute it well, so that it get mixed together with the onion's. add salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
4. Now add the Capsicum and saute them well. add the chilli powder. I preferred to add Kashmiri Chilli Powder, to add a little bit colour to the dish. mix well.
5. Add Your Fried Idli's and mix well with the masala's. add corriander leaves, before switching off the flame.
6. Serve by adding lemon juice over the kaima idli's.
Taste's Best with Onion Raita.
Posting the recipe for kaima idli is a long back dream coming true for me today. Hope you will try this only with left-over idli's. i dont want fresh idli's to take oil bath:)
Enjoy Your WeekEnd!