In Weekends, i need to cook something special and also i want it done with less labour. This Gravy is one such preparation. The highlight of the gravy is, its very creamy and has healthy vegetables on it. I have prepared this Vegetable Gravy for Vegetable Pulao and Chapathi. It complimeneted well to both the main dishes.
1. Carrot - 1
2. Beans - 10
3. Potato - 1
4. Peas - 1/4 cup
5. Cauliflower - 5 small florets
6. Onion - 1
7. Tomato - 1
8. Oil - 2 tsp's [ to saute onion and tomato ]
9. Oil - 1 tbsp [For Seasoning ]
10. Cinnamon - 1/2' inch stick
11. Cloves - 3
12. Fresh Cream - 75ml
13. Chilli Powder - 2 tsp's
1. Wash and Chop the Vegetables [Carrot, Beans, Potato(skin peeled) and Cauliflower] into small pieces. Steam Cook them for about 5 minutes and keep aside. / Microwave them with little water for about 4 minutes in very high mode.
2. Heat 2 tsp's of oil in a pan,
- add chopped onion and saute it, till it turn translucent.
- add chopped Tomato and saute it along with onion for 2 minutes.
- remove from the flame and cool it down.
- grind it into a smooth paste and keep aside.
3. In a Pan, Heat a tbsp of oil,
- add cinnamon and cloves and let it fry for few seconds.
- add the steamed vegetables and fry them for a minute.
- add the grinded onion-tomato paste and mix well.
- add salt and chilli powder according to your taste.
4. Add Fresh cream and stir well along with vegetables. slow the flame and rest the gravy for about 4 to 5 minutes in the pan.
Garnish with chopped corriander leaves and serve it with Rice or Roti.