In India, we have not seen or heard about Granola, but Muesli is a Popular break-fast next to Cornflakes. Sometimes, while trying some stuffs like Cornflakes and Oats for break-fast, i think, why iam giving this to my family, leaving our own idli, dosa's. am i trying to follow Western Food Culture? Certainly Not. I feel, whats wrong in eating this, when its healthy? What do you feel, should people follow their Geographical Food Culture or not? would love to know your views over it.
My mom is the one, who introduced me Muesli, when i complained her about Constipation Problem. I dont know, how she knew about this, but taking Muesli or Granola really helps out for Constipation problem, because it has Fibre rich Oats, Nuts and Raisins in it.
Before Going into the recipe, from what i learned from Wiki, Muesli is - the raw form of Granola is Muesli. I guess Muesli has unbaked oats in it. After knowing, that Granola can be prepared at home, will anything stop me?
Recipe for 5 - 6 single servings.
2 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats
1 Cup of Cornflakes (optional)
1/4 Cup of Honey
1 tbsp of Butter
6 almonds - chopped
1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
2 tbsp Melon seeds
2 tbsp Sunflower seeds
Black Currant - 2 tbsp's
Raisins - 2 tbsp's
Dried Cranberries - 2 tbsp's
Seedless Dates - 5 (chopped)
Mix the Oats with the Cornflakes, almonds and seeds. add Butter and Honey and mix well.
Pre-heat the Oven to 150C. Line your baking tray with a aluminium foil sheet. spread the Oats mixture over the tray.
Bake the Oats Mixture for about 10-12 minutes, till the Oats turn into Golden Colour. Take Care not to Brown them. It browns so quickly. so keep an eye over it while baking.
Cool them down after baked and mix raisins, black currant, dried cranberries and Dates to the Oats mixture and store them in an airtight Jar.
* Since i made these Granola in a small batch, for me, it kept well for a week long.
* It tastes Good just as it is. so its a healthy snack.
* Serve with Milk and some fruits like Banana. its so heavenly.
* I could not find Rolled Oats, so if you are using Rolled oats for this, then baking time should be increased for another 10 - 15 minutes.
* Dried Cranberreis and other seeds mentioned in the recipe can be found at Nuts and Spices stores.
* I strongly recommend Saffola Oats (newly introduced). Saffola Oats are really Good. At Present those Saffola Oats are available only at Big Bazaar and at Star Bazaar as of now.